What Not to Pack When You Move
Know what you can and cannot transport on the moving truck.
Never transport valuable and/or irreplaceable items in the moving truck. Either make special arrangements for transport or, if possible, keep the valuables with you during the move. Additionally, there are some items that are not permitted to be on the moving truck, including compressed gasses, fireworks or other explosives, flammable, radioactive or hazardous materials, poisons, and corrosives.
Items that cannot be moved include:
- Nail polish remover
- Paints and paint thinners
- Propane cylinders
- Automotive repair and maintenance chemicals
- Lighter fluid
- Oxygen bottles
Items not recommended for transport on the van include:
- Family photos
- Food in glass jars and perishable foods
- Prescription drugs needed for immediate use
- If you have any questions, just ask your Relocation Consultant.
Transport items of personal importance or sentimental value with you, such as:
- Collections (i.e., coins)
- Important personal papers (i.e., deeds, wills)
- Negotiable papers (i.e., bonds, stocks, certificates)
- Moving documents